Becoming a member of the British Association for Immediate Care is simple and rewarding. Membership is open to anyone with an interest in pre-hospital immediate care.
We have different levels of membership, so whether you are a student, a first aider, an EMT/ECSW or a health care professional, we have a place for you. The different catagories are explained below and if you’ve any questions then please ring (0300 3031757) or email Nancy, our membership officer, who will answer your questions.
We’ve a range of benefits and discounts available to all of our members and these include:
- New vehicle discounts
- Discounts from the UK’s leading medical equipment suppliers
- Insurance packages
- A range of discounted pre-hospital care courses from the Association*
- Annual conference with discounted attendance
- Free access to Health Assured – a 24-hour helpline offering practical information and emotional support, including Counselling, Personal legal information and Tax information etc
- Grants and Bursaries
- Monthly newsletter
* Subject to having been a member for 1-year if paying by direct debit, or having paid your membership subscription in full for the year
This is open to any individual registered medical practitioner, registered nurse or registered paramedic, who supports the aims and objectives of the association. Full members are able to vote at the Associations annual general meeting and serve on the Board of Directors (the Trustees).
This is open to any individual who has an interest in pre-hospital care who does not meet the full membership criteria. We have associate members who are associate practitioners, nursing associates, ambulance ECSW staff, military medics, community first responders, search & rescue professionals, first-aiders and others from the allied health care professions interested in pre-hospital care.
Open to students studying on an approved course leading to associate practitioner status or a primary professional registration with either the General Medical Council, the Nursing and Midwifery Council or the Health Care Professions Council, including:
- Those studying for associate practitioner status (ambulance, nursing or physician associate);
- Those studying to advance from associate practitioner status to practitioner registration, and
- Those undertaking study for primary registration with one of the health care regulators and who already hold a primary registration with one of the other health care regulators.
Please note that those who are undertaking post-qualifying undergraduate and postgraduate courses to enhance and/or advance their current professional role (such as independent prescribing, advanced practice etc.) are not eligible for this level of membership.
This is open to individuals who have now retired from their profession but who still wish to support the work of the Association.
If you have any queries, please email firstname.lastname@example.org