Becoming a member of the British Association for Immediate Care is simple and rewarding. Membership is open to anyone with an interest in pre-hospital immediate care.
We have different levels of membership, so whether you are a student, a first aider, an EMT/ECSW or a health care professional, we have a place for you. The different catagories are explained below and if you’ve any questions then please ring (0300 3031757) or email Nancy, our membership officer, who will answer your questions.
We’ve a range of benefits and discounts available to all of our members and these include:
- New vehicle discounts from Volvo, Nissan and Skoda
- Discounts from the UK’s leading medical equipment suppliers (Prometheus, Medtree & SP Services)
- A range of discounted pre-hospital care courses from BASICS
- Annual conference with discounted attendance
- Free access to Health Assured – a 24-hour helpline offering practical information and emotional support, including Counselling, Personal legal information and Tax information etc
- Grants and Bursaries
- Monthly newsletter
This is open to any individual registered medical practitioner, registered nurse or registered paramedic, who supports the aims and objectives of the association. Full members are able to vote at the Associations annual general meeting and serve on the Board of Directors (the Trustees).
This is open to any individual who has an interest in pre-hospital care who does not meet the full membership criteria. We have associate members who are ambulance ECSW staff, military medics, community first responders, search & rescue professionals and others from the allied health care professions interested in pre-hospital care.
Open to students studying for their primary registration in one of the healthcare professions.
This is open to BASICS members who have now retired from their profession but who still wish to support the work of the Association.
If you have any queries, please email firstname.lastname@example.org