The Pre-hospital Cadaveric Skills course is aimed at Health Care Professionals on one of the statutory registers with a licence to practice* who are working in pre-hospital care regardless of their practice environment (PHEM, immediate care scheme, the military, voluntary organisations etc.). Additionally, suitably experienced British Army CMTs, Royal Navy MAs or RAF Medics supported by their command may also attend.
The course provides participants with the the opportunity to practice surgical and other invasive pre-hospital skills on human cadavers:
- surgical airway (cadaver and manikin practice);
- needle and finger thoracotomy;
- long limb reduction and traction splintage;
- limb amputation;
- Intra-osseous cannulation; and
- wound packing for haemostatic control.
* This does not include Associate practitioners
Keele, STS ST5 5BG