We are pleased to announce that the new Equestrian Medical Officers Course is now available to book on our website.
The first course run by BASICS Education Ltd will be held at Wrea Green Equitation Centre, Nr Preston date to be confirmed. For more information or to book your place, click here.
If you believe the critically ill or injured deserve the very best care read on!
The British Association for Immediate Care has championed the development of pre-hospital emergency medicine since it was formed in 1977. Today we are forging strong working relationships with our colleagues in BASICS Scotland and the Faculty of Pre-hospital Care so that together we can provide the highest quality of medical knowledge and skill to those who need it most, and all at the accident scene, day or night, fair weather or foul. The members of this Charity blend in amongst the paid Emergency Services, working together as a team. Whether you wish to join, or merely learn more then read on.
BASICS and you
Doctor, nurse, paramedic, military medic, community responder or student? BASICS has something to offer you if you are interested in pre-hospital care. Perhaps you're looking to get involved, pop in on our schemes page and make contact with your local BASICS scheme.
If you want training then take a look at our internationally respected courses and book a place on line.
Just interested in what we do?
Why not become a Supporter of BASICS?
Keep up to date with Immediate Care news, read up on the history of immediate care and those who have made significant contributions to BASICS or follow up on what our members are doing in your locality.
Click here if you'd like to thank a BASICS member or Scheme for coming to your assistance or to the assistance of a loved one.
Information films available online:
Whatever your interest enjoy visiting our website .
christian louboutin outlet online christian louboutin replica christian louboutin shoes Michael Kors Outlet Michael Kors Outlet louis vuitton Outlet
Training for Pre-hospital Care
BASICS offers a variety of pre-hospital courses approved by the Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh Faculty of Pre-hospital Care that can take the novice to Diploma standard. The courses can be purchased on line and take place at different locations around the country.
Stand alone courses can be provided to organisations that can pull a group of up to twenty four candidates together, and we have a specially designed Military course that can be supplied to Military bases. You can have access to the e-learning packages that can be bought as individual modules, or build them up until you are ready to take the RCSEd examination.
As a member you can use the CPD system to keep a record of your training and continuing development. The members area of the site offers a huge resource of information for our members and a forum for your views.
Benefits BASICS can offer you training, accreditation, special discounts, continuing professional development, identification, peer support, special offers, grants, awards, fellowship and more... So just what will BASICS do for me?
BASICS has four major roles in pre-hospital care.
It is a Professional body representing all involved in prehospital immediate medical care, whatever their discipline.
It is an Operational body whose members deliver prehospital immediate medical care in a variety of situations.
It is a Training body that delivers courses in prehospital immediate medical care, and
It is an Advisory body that can provide advice and guidance to members, other professional bodies and Government on issues related to immediate medical care, medical aspects of major incident management and mass gathering medicine .
Emergency Services and the Press
We welcome liaison with the Emergency Services and the Press. This site offers the ability for Emergency Services to check the identity of our members.
Our members frequently provide us with first hand information about their role at incidents. Obviously constrained by confidentiality, Police needs and legal requirements nonetheless the accounts provide a valuable insight into what happened. We also have a "Press Information" section with background information on our work and the incidents we meet. This is intended as a resource for those with a deadline to meet.
For all your Immediate Care needs The BASICS shop is open to all members, but some products are limited to accredited BASICS members. You can purchase insurance, protective clothing, immediate care equipment, e-learning packages and pharmaceuticals as well as radios, report forms, windscreen stickers and gifts.
- 15.02.2015 BASICS Dr & Nurse Called to RTC in Langar, Nottinghamshire
- 09.02.2015 Two SWIFT doctors attend serious road collision in Lansdowne Lane in Bath
- 23.11.2014 Collision Savernake Forest Wiltshire
- 15.11.2014 RTC South Yorkshire
- 20.10.2014 Dr Mark Bloch - Obituary
- 20.08.2014 New doctor joins EMICS
- 04.08.2014 BASICS Drs called to serious RTC on A66
- 31.07.2014 Emergency Doctor assists air ambulance
- 17.06.2014 Two SWIFT doctors attend serious accident
- 14.06.2014 Queens Birthday Honours 2014
- 13.05.2014 BASICS SW Doctors rally to Major Incident in Looe
- 06.05.2014 BASICS Manager gets in on the act
- 02.05.2014 LIVES Emergency Care Team Extends Trial
- 29.04.2014 BASICS doctor attends dramatic Wells Cathedral rescue
- 24.04.2014 BASICS Doctors attend incident in Keswick
- 24.04.2014 Four BASICS Doctors attend major incident in NE Lincs
- 08.04.2014 EMICS doctor assists elderly driver in Derbyshire
- 16.03.2014 Sunday - Not a day of rest for SIMCAS
- 03.03.2014 EMICS doctor guest at patient party
- 27.01.2014 EMICS doctors assist at railway incident
- 20.01.2014 EMICS provide extra support over busy festive period
- 08.01.2014 LIVES launch emergency response team pilot
- 31.12.2013 Five members honoured in 2014 Honours
- 30.12.2013 Two serious collisions at Devon/Cornwall border
- 14.11.2013 Busy day for SIMCAS Nurse
- 02.11.2013 Doctor diverted from dinner-concert
- 14.10.2013 Men thrown from cherry picker in Kent